Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Inka

I chose Inka by Chuck Close. It is oil on canvas and was made in 2003. I this is is cool the way that he used many different colors in block shapes in order to make a complete painting. I really like it for the face that there are so many colors making up each little square. I also like it for the fact that it looks like the woman is almost putting her face into water and then capturing her portrait. I also like that her facial features such as her eyes , eyebrows, and mouth are the vocal points of the piece and really stick out to show her beauty through the painting. I think it is also cool because it is a portrait of another artist that he is inspired by and has respect for. It is his interpretation of her and i love when artist do portraits of other artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment